- Sewage Plant -
Morris paid $2 Million dollars this year to finish the additions for the Sewage Plant on the east side of town. They have placed additional pipes underground in different wards throughout the city to help drain water in the overflow so it doesn't flood basements.
- Costco -
Costco's expansion project is projected to start production in December of 2017. This plant will produce all the Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Meats made for all the Costco's East of the Mississippi River here in Morris, IL.
- Water/River Well -
The city is looking to put a well North of the River because of the "clean" water it will produce - 3-6 million gallons a day and it will be a 35 foot well compared to the 900 foot well we use now. They are looking at putting this new well by the Marina.
- Morris Municipal Airport -
There are 2 new hangers at the airport. One hanger is private and the other is for single use. The airport is also getting new signage, and possibly an East-West runway to let the larger aircraft come in.
- Permanent Stage-
D Construction built and donated a band stage/outdoor amphitheater at Goold Park Central in the lower grass area. They are hoping to have programming in the Summer time in addition to the other activities around town like Cruise Night, and Three French Hens.
* We NEED to set up a work date for the Rotary Park *
* Starting 7/25/17 - Updated location for meetings in Maria's Ristorante and Pizzeria*
- Location: 1591 N Division Street
Morris, IL 60450
- At Maria's, members will be billed for food on quarterly Statements. *only if you eat*
* WE NEED EVERYONE AT THE NEXT MEETING *